Friday, July 18, 2014

MQG fabric challenge

There is nothing like a deadline to get a girl going and what a deadline this is.  For someone whose craft output is maybe 2 or 3 items a year, having a month to produce something quilted is a bit of a stretch.  However with free fabric on offer from Michael Miller, via the Modern Quilt Guild challenge, I really wanted to have a go at this.  The problem is that the Guilds outside America receive their allocation later and the fabric arrived and was being divvied up after I left for holidays.  So by the time I got back, there was a month remaining until the deadline.  On top of that, I have just had surgery on my feet, right when I should be basting this baby which has to be done and dusted by Friday 25 July! So after taking on board some suggestions from the Melbourne Modern Quilt Guild Inc. members, I used the kitchen bench and sticky tape to get this done and as my quilt is only lap sized, it was fairly quick.  Now to get it quilted, bound and photographed within a week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment