Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Creative Space

After working on a bigger project (update next week), it's nice to be working on individual blocks again - back to the Melbourne Modern Quilt Guild 'Bee Bold, Bee Brave, Bee Helpful' bee.  Lorraine is one of the issuers of fabric goodies this month and she has given us something nice and easy to work with - Kitchen Windows from Elizabeth Hartman's lovely book 'Modern Patchwork'.  Lorraine is working with colours that she normally would not choose and this is what I really enjoy about these Bees, in addition the fun of doing something different each month, you often get to work with colours outside your comfort zone.  I can't imagine that I would ever have picked this combination (although I do like the diamond fabric) but they have come together beautifully.  I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment