Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Creative Space

Yet more MMQG bee blocks, this time for Marg.  I was a bit scared of the task set - to incorporate flying geese, squares and half square triangles but was provided with a set of good tutorials that would produce a block of the required structure and size.  Naturally, I picked the what I thought was the easiest but it only had three fabrics and I had to try and fit in five.  So I adapted the tutorial for the final block, having done a practice version in red, and instead of a single centre square, pieced a four patch square to squeeze in the other two fabrics.  But all of those seams were a challenge both for me and Grandma's jolly Janome.  This has been posted back and I hope Marg likes it.  Assuming it arrives safely, unlike Rachel's blocks!

2 comments:

  1. I love the subtle blues with the bright reds and white in that square..just georgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't take credit for the fabrics which were provided by Marg, but I did get to choose how to put them together. The main colours are actually greens on a pale green background - maybe it's time to update my camera!

    ReplyDelete