Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 334: Secondhand Rose

I love the idea of finding treasure in Op Shops, but I've decided that this will never happen to me as I don't have the patience to spend long periods of time rummaging throught piles of stuff.  If something doesn't jump out and bite me in the first 10 minutes, it's not happening.  However when something this gorgeous is in the window of the local Oppie, one just has to seize the moment.  In this case it involved calling out to the volunteer on duty to put it aside for me as I had two dogs with me and no money.  Fortunately these ladies are very understanding.  This is a summer fashion catalogue from 1958/9, showcasing Home Journal patterns and were available from Buckley & Nunn.  So maybe it's not treasure but it is beautiful:


There has been more progress around the place this week, but not much to show in the way of photos at this stage.  Wessie is laying the tiles outside and Sparkie Dave looks to be finished. So getting closer to the end of the works.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love, love, LOVE that blue dress!!! Shame it didn't come with patterns in it! My mum has a dress that is simmilar - I wore it as a teen 'cause I thought it was cool (I still do, but it is rather like a really small size 10... enough said). Way to go spotting a great find. Hope you put it somewhere where you can admire it every day :)

    ReplyDelete