Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 294: The Sweetest Gift

I think I'm a pretty modern girl but I really love the old fashioned niceties; hand written thank-you notes, gentlemen opening doors for ladies and that type of thing.  One lovely custom that we have noticed lately has been the offering of house warming gifts, cards and wishes.  I don't do these things often enough myself and need to make a New Year's resolution to be more thoughtful.  People have been so kind to us; Bob's mother bought us a lovely plant that she thought would go well with his landscaping efforts, then on Saturday, R presented us with a gift from local artist in original home ( from Northern Scotland) which she bought on her last trip back in August.  She was also happy to see that it blends in beautifully with my turquoise themes in the bathroom and kitchen.  We are so lucky to have such kind and considerate friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment