Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 202: Spring

It has been a busy weekend and it's getting late but I know the New York STLT fan likes an update on Monday morning, so here it is. 

Firstly, it's nice to be able to say that spring is really here.  I get a warm, fuzzy feeling looking out of Catwoman's front door, seeing this:


Not that we really should complain given that it has been snowing across the ditch in Christchurch. 

There's been plenty happening at the house this week; all the plumbing type pipes have been put in and our  spotted gum floor is almost completely laid.  Even without sanding and polishing, you can see the beautiful colour and variagation in tones.
 The water tanks have also arrived.  I'm a bit bemused that we have beige water tanks, sitting against a grey house.  I assume that there must be a reason for this but can't figure it out for the life of me.  I'll ask Bob, but somehow I don't see them being exchangeable.  Hopefully we will actually be at lock up this week - all that needs to be done is handles and locks fitted to the exterior doors and installation of the remainder of the fixed glass and the garage door.  I'll feel a lot happier once I know that the plasterer has started.  I also feel relieved that the plumbing fittings have been ordered and the only thing to finalise are the lights.  But to my dismay, the lights I was considering for the lower level sitting room have disappeared from the retailers website.  There's nothing like the threat of something being discontined to make it more desirable!

I'll finish with a P.S to the New York correspondent:  there will be New Year drinks on the Lido Deck at STLT HQ, given that there will be a contingent of interstate visitors staying.  Don't even think about the house not being finished by Christmas.  This cannot happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment